Love Sonnet 107: 'I Search For Semblances To Your Aspect, '
I search for semblances to your aspect,
Among the lovely things which stray my way,
As such similitude I oft expect,
To brighten up even my gloomiest day;
As though the gleams which must presage the dawn,
Or scent that wafts downwind from where you are,
They hint of your coming, my doubts withdrawn,
Such signs augur better than any star;
But come in flesh, much more than spirit mist,
With form to touch, and loving arms to hold,
To change the dreams of which my years consist,
Which caused me all the emptiness untold;
.......To delineate the times most lovers miss,
.......A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.
Poet Other Poems
- A Drunken Sonnet
- A Beach Wish
- A Believer To His Love
- A Child Of The Road
- A Doctor To His Love
- A Fetus Speaks
- A Madrigal # 1: 'Cry Not Yourself To Sl...
- A Madrigal # 5: 'Cottage By A Wind-swep...
- A Madrigal # 6: 'Always hold On To Th S...
- A Madrigal #10: 'Tomorrow Might Not Com...
- A Madrigal #2: 'Song For Nectaria'
- A Madrigal #3: 'When You Threw Roses'
- A Madrigal #4: 'Seems Just Yesterday'
- A Madrigal #8: 'Hints Of Love'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.