Reyvrex Questor Reyes
Love Sonnet 109: 'As fiery shooting stars blaze in the sky, '
As fiery shooting stars blaze in the sky,
Many must have gambled wishes right then,
And if by chance, my love, too, watches by,
Could she have wished to be with me again?
As no limit curtails what heart oft asks,
It is a fool who would desire what's less,
When great or small are all the same as tasks,
And every dream hopes for kind Fate to bless;
But will I know when shooting stars appear,
So as to say what most my heart desires?
Yet every night whenever skies are clear,
I scan the heavens for those streaking fires;
......To wish myself a kingdom, felt and seen,
......And add thereat my love to be the queen.
Reyvrex Questor Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Sonnet 109: 'As fiery shooting stars blaze in the sky, ' by Reyvrex Questor Reyes )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
- (955) Poverty (Acros.., Melvina Germain
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)