U Win Kyi
Love Story (6) (A Woman's Age Is A Top Secret)
There was a 26 year-old man,
who had an older girlfriend.
She said to him she was older than he about 5 year,
and for 2 years they were living together.
One day they had a big quarrel,
with a loud shout and yell,
and a lot of ' Go to hell.'
Since then, they were separated, sueing each other.
She said to police that he sent threatening message to her.
He denied the charge and at police station they encountered.
There at police station, he knew her real age,
to his surprise and rage,
she was 41 and exactly 15 years older than he.
Then he realized his great stupidity.
Maybe she was too good to conceal
about her true age which she never revealed.
A woman's true age is a top secret,
kept so private until her last breath.
But on her tomb-stone, a true age must be written,
so that to go to either heaven or hell, she must not be mistaken.
U Win Kyi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Story (6) (A Woman's Age Is A Top Secret) by U Win Kyi )
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
- Song To Sri Ramakrishna, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Growing Old, heather sweeting
- पापा, sushant jha
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Three Little Pigs, Roald Dahl
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)