Love Up In Smoke
Whether morning, midday or nighttime showing,
passionately fierce chants shouting, with more citizens joining;
basic freedoms hopefully re-emerging – never surrendering.
Enemy sirens are sounding, police brutally enforcing;
demonstrators emboldening – causalities plausibly increasing
– peace supposedly vanishing.
citizens nationwide frontline mercilessly battling;
forever worrying, yet proud the revolutionary soul undying.
Violent clashes horrifying, and a possible regional war looming;
the just punishment for this head of state is a public hanging.
The valiant revolting - will pay dividends - amidst tear gas fogging;
foreseeable harmony returning, thereafter, you and I will be uniting.
Nicholas Nikolov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Up In Smoke by Nicholas Nikolov )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Unbearable Loss Of Each Young Soldie.., Shalom Freedman
- Let Allah bless, hasmukh amathalal
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah