Love Up In Smoke
Whether morning, midday or nighttime showing,
passionately fierce chants shouting, with more citizens joining;
basic freedoms hopefully re-emerging – never surrendering.
Enemy sirens are sounding, police brutally enforcing;
demonstrators emboldening – causalities plausibly increasing
– peace supposedly vanishing.
citizens nationwide frontline mercilessly battling;
forever worrying, yet proud the revolutionary soul undying.
Violent clashes horrifying, and a possible regional war looming;
the just punishment for this head of state is a public hanging.
The valiant revolting - will pay dividends - amidst tear gas fogging;
foreseeable harmony returning, thereafter, you and I will be uniting.
Nicholas Nikolov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Up In Smoke by Nicholas Nikolov )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Beauty Unseen, Khairul Ahsan
- Down to Earth, moez meftah
- Away she went, moez meftah
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan