Loved Ones Lost
I cannot say what loves have come and gone;
They used to be the ones I relied on.
Time has gone by and so have they...
Maybe I'll see them again someday.
I sometimes wish they stayed around,
Without some, my life went spiraling down...
Some of them I can live without;
I'll find better ones, no doubt.
Leah Michele's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Loved Ones Lost by Leah Michele )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(13 January 1957)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Eyes of Genesis, Merton Lee
- Haiku Concert At Day Break, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Sending All My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Saved, Michael P. McParland
- What Does It Matter, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Villanelle: Wander not into a land where.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- He Has Always Been Inside Us, Merton Lee
- Rock Hard Passion, Michael P. McParland
- Right Now, Michael P. McParland
- Love will find me, Lilly Emerson Brayfield