Oduro Bright Amoh
Lovely Friendship Or Friendly Love
Not at first sight my views I show,
Neither is it with experience that these words flow;
For friendship should not ab initio enthuse
Or evolve at long last because of frequent use.
Silence becomes the most fitting expression
I should render to a girl of your fashion.
Too long have I sought asylum in simple speech
So I could a perfect endearment of you reach.
But words; so tricky are those things
Beguiling even the most well intentioned beings.
My words love for friendship always trade
And friendship instead of love it made.
But whether love for friendship I should take
Or befriend you for love's sake
I've thought, I've mused, I've pondered
I've cogitated, I've wondered till I floundered
Okay! Let's say I open my arms
To receive your love along with its charms.
It will always be my utmost fear
That for my sake, you will shed a tear
A tear? no torrents may upon your breast rain,
Announcing to all that inward pain
That the love of me has slapped upon your heart.
Overall, I dread that one day we will be apart.
Yet if your friend I should just remain
Then pardon me, how do you explain
The insomnia; the dreams of a sleepless night
That I spent with you yet out of your sight?
Tell me why at the sight of your face
I forget all the problems I face.
Is it for friendship's sake that I would pay a hefty price
Just to be spectator to the opening of your eyes?
Hear this: I will only be your friend
If It will only fulfil love's end.
But I will also accept love's ties
Only when I know in friendship it lies.
Oduro Bright Amoh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lovely Friendship Or Friendly Love by Oduro Bright Amoh )
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
- Discovering God's Will, Tom Zart
- Shining later, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)