Where to discover a cloud cover of cascading raindrops?
How can a stranger be familiar with the unknown?
When was it the last time we met?
When was it the last time I wept?
Lover’s tears like baby tears flow uninterrupted from restrain
I am not fit to benefit from their wit
Or their schematic yearning skit!
Was it by accident, many years ago?
By Providence we almost met!
Mistakenly they almost knocked on the desert doors
But.... surely like absent clouds in a sure drought
They knew in their heart of hearts, of promises never kept
These verses are the wrong doors
Nailed shut to my scorched barren floors!
Barely- barely they touched my skirt
Our marked breath never did meet
Heaven’s serenity and hell’s fury do not mix
They realized the black plague signs on my doors
Where the ultimate thirst resides,
All sorrow’s trend
Grief trail has no end
Saved by intuition from fruition
They avoided the sand dunes fortifications
Deity guided their footsteps
From the clay of dismay, where cracks creped
Towards the jaws of unquenchable thirst
Rain drops, lover’s tears, heaven’s gifts
Shelter in the underground river shifts
Sunday March 31,2013
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lover’s Tears by Leaking Pen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock