R. K. Hart
Lovers and Loving
Lovers float gently past Lilly pads flowering,
Swans pass in pairs long necks caressing.
Stealing behind her parasol for a kiss are sweet hearts,
A couple share a basket of small sandwiches and sweet tarts.
Lovers pass secretive love letters on perfumed paper,
Another passes a red red rose with scented vapor.
Lovebirds are seen both walking to and tho,
She stares into his eyes with the eyes of a doe.
On a swing, she sits high into the air,
When hearts are in love life has no care.
Couples plan futures according to their dreams,
A romantic park can be where futures flow as streams.
But perhaps a place of romance for you is out of reach,
Romance like a beast must feed, so let imagination teach.
With flowers in hand go to your door, when she answers say,
'Hello young lady, I have some flowers for your mother today'.
R. K. Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lovers and Loving by R. K. Hart )
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
- This Isn't My Body, Elizabeth Tyrrell
- Love me..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Certainly prove, hasmukh amathalal
- I want to say goodbye, michael hagwood
- It is casual, hasmukh amathalal
- Welcome poetess, hasmukh amathalal
- Dark Secrets, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Dancing Gay Foot Steps, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)