There are many magic words
When we have the predilection
For expressing our deepest thoughts
To the object of our affection.
Don't worry if you're word impaired
Cause it isn't very hard
To borrow the words of poets
Including Avon's bard.
If that is not your style
One really can't go wrong
With the music and lyrics
Of a well selected song.
And, within our wireless age
There's no need to be perplexed
Consider the joys of Voicemail
Or, if you must, just text.
You can say them or sing them
Shout out loud or mutter them.
If emotions overcome you
One may have to stutter them.
When it comes to magic words
There is no one way to utter them
No matter which way you choose
You should not ever shutter them.
Then there will be other times
When mutual impulses call
And magic words may be spoken
But are not needed at all.
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Magic Words by Edward Iacona )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Aasiba, gajanan mishra
- Coming from, gajanan mishra
- I'd pluck the stars for flowers, Mark Heathcote
- A necessity, gajanan mishra
- Sarakara aapananka dwarare, gajanan mishra
- Man: A proud species, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- ONly needed, hasmukh amathalal
- Govt at people's door, gajanan mishra
- Nothing Going On, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Shoebox Of Poetry, louis rams