The man who showed us the road to emancipation,
Popularly known as the father of the nation,
An advocate of universal brotherhood and equality,
Yes, I’m talking about Mahatma Gandhi.
Gandhiji spread the message of love and mutual tolerance,
He was opposed to all forms of violence.
A crusader for women’s liberation,
He always raised his voice against caste discrimination.
A practitioner of vegetarianism and ‘Ahimsa’
He vehemently propagated the use of the ‘charkha’.
'Truth is God' was his philosophy,
He believed that “The science of non-violence alone can lead one to pure democracy...”
To London he went for higher education,
In South Africa, he fought for the rights of the Indian population.
An absolute altruist by nature,
His knowledge, and global experience changed our nation’s future.
Supriya Prathapan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mahatma Gandhi by Supriya Prathapan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Grace, Jacque Hardison
- Conjure The Music, Margaret Alice Second
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -49, Ronjoy Brahma
- Inner Beauty Growing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Baby Hurt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Pride and Honor, hasmukh amathalal