Pratheek Praveen Kumar
A great person of peace,
Who to all wars called a cease,
And who prevented bloodshed,
And who India to freedom led.
A lawyer who was in Africa,
And who racial discrimination saw,
He solved the problem there,
And then, he, Indian problems laid bare.
He fought using non-violence,
In senseless people he put sense,
He led India to greatness,
And he India thus did bless.
He pushed the British out of our land,
To the ordinary people he lent a hand,
A greater person never did walk this earth,
To a greater person never did India give birth.
A great solver of problems he was,
He was never at a loss,
To give an answer to problematic questions,
He was the only one to say no to guns.
Pratheek Praveen Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MAHATMA GANDHI by Pratheek Praveen Kumar )
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Worry-Chaser, Edgar Albert Guest
- Henry Ford's Offhand Way, Edgar Albert Guest