Pratheek Praveen Kumar
A great person of peace,
Who to all wars called a cease,
And who prevented bloodshed,
And who India to freedom led.
A lawyer who was in Africa,
And who racial discrimination saw,
He solved the problem there,
And then, he, Indian problems laid bare.
He fought using non-violence,
In senseless people he put sense,
He led India to greatness,
And he India thus did bless.
He pushed the British out of our land,
To the ordinary people he lent a hand,
A greater person never did walk this earth,
To a greater person never did India give birth.
A great solver of problems he was,
He was never at a loss,
To give an answer to problematic questions,
He was the only one to say no to guns.
Pratheek Praveen Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MAHATMA GANDHI by Pratheek Praveen Kumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Now she's gone....., Enock kuria
- Prime Truth - 16, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- V, Denrya Astor
- رائحة, نزار قباني
- The Bunch In My Head, Margaret Alice Second
- Truth are to be discovered, gajanan mishra
- God Brought you into my life... A love p.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Feel The Joy, Margaret Alice Second
- rather be - Get Lost, sEaN nOrTh
- رقم قياسي, نزار قباني