Thin and frail, a divine soul in a human frame.
Looked like a saint but was a King
Simplest was the life, unimaginable were the dreams
Won the war without weapons and with un thoughtful means
Awakened the slumbered souls, stormed the feeling
Fought, neither with cannon nor with guns
Neither with saber nor with swords.
Fought with peace but not with violence.
Boycott the laws, disobey the deceitful acts
Boycott the salt, bullet the mind
Thundred the colonial rule, dismantled the empire
Such was the charge delivered by a saint looking men.
An emperor, crowned with peace and non violence
Admired by the world , will be honored by generations
Will be revisited by humanity, before the illusion of materialism could end
To redefine the rules of existence in the centuries to come
Santosh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mahatma Gandhi by Santosh Sharma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Ojukwu biafra, gideon zerah ogbonna
- The streets of London, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Oh Dear, Phil Soar
- The Scultpure, Justin Reamer
- A Pirate's Tale, Phil Soar
- Why does it rain?, Hardik Vaidya
- The Hair(Haiku), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Compensation, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- love has a look and it looks a lot like us, Mandolyn ...
- The Cock(Haiku), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken