Make My DREAM Come True
Today I woke up late
With a little headache
Its maybe due to the dream tonight
I recalled it sitting on my bed
I was in a doctor's clinic
cryin' slowly with heavy tears
i was shivering with the truth
i feared for my dear.
He told me i had cancer
I couldn't believe my ears
How would i tell it to my husband
The one i'm in love with from 15years.
As soon as i moved out of hospital
I switched ON my mobile
His msgs popped in my inbox
his care he had sent me all the while.
they were his usual love u msgs
some life thoughts and some more
But then came a hurting text
Which hit me from the core.
It said- SOMETIMES WHEN YOU LOVE
YOU JUST HAVE TO LET THEM GO
COZ U KNOW THEY ARE BETTER WITHOUT U
WITHOUT EVEN LETTING THEM KNOW...
Since i wanted him to be happy
And i wanted him to move on
I wanted him to have a new life
Before i was gone...
So i wrote him a goodbye letter
My head hurt and heart wept
And yes, i kept the secret
And by saying 'I HATE YOU' i letf.............
My dream was so damn awful
Seemed foolish and unreal yet
Till my doctor called me
And my eyes went wet..
I got up instantly
And wrote the same goodbye letter
I had to do it for my swthrt
so, nothing seemed better.
The reality is much more harder
coz people are not so strong
But when you love someone soo deep,
Even leaving them doesn't seem wrong...
So, the truth was hard to accept
coz i knew he loved me too
but LOVE makes u do the craziest things
So it's time.. to make my dream come true...
vithika jaiswal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Make My DREAM Come True by vithika jaiswal )
- Scavenging the Wall, R. T. Smith
- Towards earth, hasmukh amathalal
- Rogue Russets, R. T. Smith
- Oxford Stroud Recollects Fishing with El.., R. T. Smith
- mounement, Rathna nagaraja
- Messenger, R. T. Smith
- MORNINGS GARMENT, Shannon Strauss
- Cowgirl, R. T. Smith
- Confession in a Booth at the Hollow Log .., R. T. Smith
- A Local Doc, over Rocky Lunchtime Bourbo.., R. T. Smith
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)