Making You Happy
It pleases me to please you
Your smile can warm my soul
Knowing that it’s meant for me
Gives a joy I can’t control.
So if I’m brushing off your car
From snow or slush or sleet
Doing little things for you
Is my own special treat.
Your happiness is my joy
And I bask in its light
Doing what I can for you
Every day and night.
Seeing how you look at me
Makes my chest swell with pride;
And knowing that I caused that smile
Is worth everything I’ve tried.
So if I make you coffee,
It is for both of us
You get to have your caffeine
And your smile gives to me a rush.
Doug Gunderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Making You Happy by Doug Gunderson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Ballad of John O'Kelly, Chris Zachariou
- Il et Elle se regardent, Eric Dubois
- Mountain, gajanan mishra
- Heures débridées, Eric Dubois
- The end, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- God Truly Cares For Me, Dr John Celes
- Comme une pluie battante, Eric Dubois
- Burma Iconic Lady Aung San Suu Kyi (The .., U Win Kyi
- Demon, gajanan mishra
- COLORS OF THE DAY, Philo Yan