March Is In Love
Winter was admired by March all night
He walked with her along the snowy paths
But her daughter captivated his sight,
With her he dreamed to have the baths.
In ruffled feelings he came back in the mornings
Becoming tipsy of the night's vision.
He didn't care about any warnings.
And his fate had quite another decision.
His darling was the spring herself
And all around with their love was favored.
The sight of Cupid and the kind elf…,
All feelings of the March were altered.
With tender passion he kindled to Virgin,
Accustomed to win and never to retreat,
Now he only his loveable spring imagined,
Love songs hundred times he could repeat.
Everything changed in him many times
One day he was gloomy, the other day bright.
Sometimes he heard only bird's chimes
The other day he suffered or was alright.
Take his love, everyone whispered to the girl.
We'll praise you to the God's glory
As you are the only one for us and seas pearl.
So, darling, accept your life story.
The nature's life is in bliss of love and happiness.
With every coming spring it is filled with love.
Diamonds sparkle in and on all new branches,
For all those who about renewal starve.
© Larisa Rzhepishevska (Odessa, Ukraine)
The 12th of March,2013
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (March Is In Love by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I am mad with Love, Mirabai
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Swachh Bharat, Swasth Bharat (Bharathiya), Dr John Celes
Poem of the Day
- When your Birthday Falls on Christmas..., Dr John Celes
- Me, Myself, Tex T Sarnie
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma
- Chassis, Alice Cordy
- My Time On The Mountain, Orlando Belo
- A Degree of Intensity, Daniel Brick
- Oh, This Age of Self-propaganda And Publ.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- हारिनि इयुना जोँनि आखायावनो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Honey Bee, Paul Sebastian