I get up
and put on the mask
till I retire to bed.
Over the years it has been
dearer and dearer to me.
I play different roles,
deliver different dialogues,
and throw different expressions
at different people.
I try my best to keep
everybody happy and agile.
All have forgotten
that I too have a face
of my own, and,
when I exhibit it,
they fail to recognise.
Manu Dash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mask by Manu Dash )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Very unique lovecraft!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Whiskey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Lit Summers Sky, Lilly Emery
- After the Equinox, Francie Lynch
- Who Calls It That You Are Corrupt And Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Holding My Unkempt Beards, Burquawalli A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Prime Truth - 85, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 84, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Evil!, Malcolm Gould
- Dreams, Malcolm Gould