Palas Kumar Ray
Mathematics In Life, Of Life
'You can leave it
but Math will not leave you'
-something like this
I said to my daughter
while choosing her subjects
for higher school studies.
Middle class fathers know
how to feed bitter pills
to obedient daughters.
They do it, because they know
their babies will have to pass
in every Mathematics of life.
She would have chosen
subjects of Arts
and not even Commerce
unless her father
guided her to proper direction.
This is her father who knows
how many hurdles
she will have to cross
to win the shield of a job in life.
Subjects need be aptly chosen
and Arts can be deferred.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mathematics In Life, Of Life by Palas Kumar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- On A Painting, Sambanath Denis
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch