May the wind be at your back,
The fresh sun on thy face,
And all your life so filled
With God's most gentle grace.
May every step you take
Lead you to better things,
And may your visions of the future
Be what tomorrow brings.
May everything you think
Be free from hurt and pain,
And everything you see
Set free to love again.
And may everything you do
Be the thing that should be done,
And may all your love return to you
From where it first begun.
But of all these Mays,
May I simply ask-
That all your prayers do come true
And so answered in a special way
They're especially for you! !
Lloyd Savage's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
also retitled it before for St. Patricks day calling it an Irish Prayer.
Comments about this poem (May by Lloyd Savage )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Never feel shy, hasmukh amathalal
- I LOVE YOU, Now, Let's Take Out The I an.., LUVinThe NOW
- Keep faith, hasmukh amathalal
- open fire on me, Marco Angelo
- Fall on death, hasmukh amathalal
- BECAUSE OF YOU, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Not that heavy words...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The return of the sea's hero, Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- Why ash? ? ?, SALINI NAIR
- An Old Bench, David Harris