Dr John Celes
May Nature’s Fury Soon Abate!
The Hurricanes are back with renewed force;
The sea is rough and wind is blowing fierce;
The battered houses could be wrecked some more;
The shattered homes can’t start life once again.
Yet, Nature does her work incessantly;
She’s guided by the laws of Universe;
Man cannot learn her secrets anytime;
So, Nature’s furious nature, man must bear.
And no one is to blame for what happens;
These things are bound to just occur sometime;
Precautionary measures help a lot;
But none can prevent natural disasters.
Displaced are millions people every time?
Their misery cannot be ev’r fathomed;
Their brothers in the safer zones must help;
Their sisters must comfort these depressed souls.
Remember that such things can affect all;
Ones safe today could be the next victims;
So, hurry up to help the distressed souls,
And plead to God with prayers for mercy.
Implore the Master of the Universe;
His heart of love can make matters better;
Pray that His angry face must smile again;
Let mankind live in peace on planet earth.
If not for God, who can control Nature?
The Maker must protect His creature man;
But man must be more faithful to his God;
“Take care of soul and escape His just rod! ”
Copyright by Dr John Celes 9-21-2005
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (May Nature’s Fury Soon Abate! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Folks Back East Got Your Letter, mary douglas
- The Many Coloured Bear At Rest In A Vari.., mary douglas
- Summer Camp In Zinnia Yellow Or Orange W.., mary douglas
- The Princess Recounts The History Of Ros.., mary douglas
- Please, spare me the despair, black is t.., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Arpita's Holy Well., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- I Went Through Your Epochs, mary douglas
- There Is No Golden Thread Running Through, mary douglas
- Lost Things, Old Gloves, Old Fans, Pearl.., mary douglas
- I Kept Your Carnelian Word, mary douglas