Me And My Pet
My pet has died.
I saw him buried knee deep
In the garden, next to a real emblem.
Some time in this day,
The weapon is my pet cat,
Ronny so he is called,
Also by the sky and the land
And the very sea.
I'll speak of sadness as a last resort,
I have a companion in my midst
And he is called Lucifer.
He is a friendship known to those with sticks,
Like that of a man with them.
He used to be my friend,
My dad was death now and then,
But so mimes me in ways of man.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Me And My Pet by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Not enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond Gems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost and Found, Anthony Di'anno
- reaching for your hand so i don't get lost, Mandolyn ...
- Share to walk, hasmukh amathalal
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska