Me And My Pet
My pet has died.
I saw him buried knee deep
In the garden, next to a real emblem.
Some time in this day,
The weapon is my pet cat,
Ronny so he is called,
Also by the sky and the land
And the very sea.
I'll speak of sadness as a last resort,
I have a companion in my midst
And he is called Lucifer.
He is a friendship known to those with sticks,
Like that of a man with them.
He used to be my friend,
My dad was death now and then,
But so mimes me in ways of man.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Me And My Pet by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Boy That Was, Edgar Albert Guest
- At The Door, Edgar Albert Guest
- On Going Home For Christmas, Edgar Albert Guest
- Canning Time, Edgar Albert Guest
- Old Friends, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Path That Leads To Home, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Patriotic Wish, Edgar Albert Guest
- Our Duty To Our Flag, Edgar Albert Guest
- True Nobility, Edgar Albert Guest
- Love at Third Sight, Anand Vivek