Me And My Pet
My pet has died.
I saw him buried knee deep
In the garden, next to a real emblem.
Some time in this day,
The weapon is my pet cat,
Ronny so he is called,
Also by the sky and the land
And the very sea.
I'll speak of sadness as a last resort,
I have a companion in my midst
And he is called Lucifer.
He is a friendship known to those with sticks,
Like that of a man with them.
He used to be my friend,
My dad was death now and then,
But so mimes me in ways of man.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Me And My Pet by Naveed Akram )
- The Detective, Sylvia Plath
- Stopped Dead, Sylvia Plath
- The Courage Of Shutting-Up, Sylvia Plath
- Eavesdropper, Sylvia Plath
- I See The Blessing Coming, Gbolagade Taiwo
- A Bowl Of Eggs, Naveed Khalid
- Crossing The Water, Sylvia Plath
- Morning Air, Leah Ayliffe
- An Abstract Art, Naveed Khalid
- Mary's Song, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)