..............Meek In The Cave
500,000 years, and 2 days ago,
Meek matriculated to adult,
At 12 years of age...brought
Back a Bison by himself...
Elders were not impressed.
Repressed grunts, then, for
Clarity, spoke, 'Where's the
Mammoth, junior? ' Junior
Was not thrilled by Elders.
Clocked one with a rock.
'Mammoth in valley, waiting
On lazy-buttt tribe to haul in.'
'B*tch, b*tch, b*tch! All the
Time, b*tch! ' Meek picked a
Stick, and QUICK! flicked one
On his ear, then thew it out
The Cave Door. 'Go fetch!
Now leave me lone be! Got
Bison steak. You have Mammoth
Stew.' Then skinned his kill
By the light of flickering fire.
All that night, Elders sat and
Chewed fat, over whether
Meek was adult, or not. He'd
Killed food for the tribe, clocked
With a rock, flicked with a stick,
Sassed the Elders good! 'Oh,
Shaman! Come out of your trance,
And solve this for us! ' Rumbling,
Grumbling, reeking, skinned man
Limped to the fire, surveyed the
Scene. Laughed, and laughed,
And laughed! ! 'I know. You don't.
Fools! Meek has proven to be a.....
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (..............Meek In The Cave by elysabeth faslund )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- If only it were from me my Love, Hudhaifah Siyad
- Neither Hindugiri Nor Christiangiri Nor .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unbound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra
- Questioning Deity?, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Barack Obama And His comprehension of In.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Calculated Etchings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Charity, Self-control and Mercy, gajanan mishra
- To Win Your Man's Heart, Valsa George