..............Meek In The Cave
500,000 years, and 2 days ago,
Meek matriculated to adult,
At 12 years of age...brought
Back a Bison by himself...
Elders were not impressed.
Repressed grunts, then, for
Clarity, spoke, 'Where's the
Mammoth, junior? ' Junior
Was not thrilled by Elders.
Clocked one with a rock.
'Mammoth in valley, waiting
On lazy-buttt tribe to haul in.'
'B*tch, b*tch, b*tch! All the
Time, b*tch! ' Meek picked a
Stick, and QUICK! flicked one
On his ear, then thew it out
The Cave Door. 'Go fetch!
Now leave me lone be! Got
Bison steak. You have Mammoth
Stew.' Then skinned his kill
By the light of flickering fire.
All that night, Elders sat and
Chewed fat, over whether
Meek was adult, or not. He'd
Killed food for the tribe, clocked
With a rock, flicked with a stick,
Sassed the Elders good! 'Oh,
Shaman! Come out of your trance,
And solve this for us! ' Rumbling,
Grumbling, reeking, skinned man
Limped to the fire, surveyed the
Scene. Laughed, and laughed,
And laughed! ! 'I know. You don't.
Fools! Meek has proven to be a.....
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (..............Meek In The Cave by elysabeth faslund )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Happy Birthday, Jesus!, Mitta Xinindlu
- Paint my Souls, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Logic in Rhyme 5, Kim Barney
- What about counry, hasmukh amathalal
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra