RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Playing melodic strings of a heart, churning
and stirring images and memories of a life
left behind on a desert plain.
Not taking any part in a long, lonely journey,
forking out on pathways of brevity and lofty
Holding onto voices and ideas of yesteryear,
clutching them in pockets of despair while
fighting to live in an unfriendly atmosphere.
Beyond belief, all heaviness of a heart falls
upon hardened soil, soaking up it's life blood
in veins of soft relief.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Melody's Strings by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)