Syed Ahmed Shah
Memories Between Two Mirrors
'No pain is permanent, only their memory is....' (Song of Mon Fokeer)
When I was young and uneasy
I used to play this irritating game...
I used put my face between two mirrors
And tried to count the images
Till my eyes ached and
I could not hold the mirrors steady anymore...
It was a plain stupid experiment
As I learnt from my physics teacher years later...
'One cannot count infinity, you dummy! '
Now I am trying to remember
My memories of you
Placed between two mirrors....
© Syed Ahmed Shah, Bokultol, Guwahati.
Syed Ahmed Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Memories Between Two Mirrors by Syed Ahmed Shah )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Rita Dove
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Richard Doe, Adeosun Olamide
- The Most Important Part, Loyd C. Taylor
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon
- Dream Actualizers, Saiom Shriver
- Promise Me! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those Who Long For Death, Saiom Shriver
- Babe, Saiom Shriver
- Twelve Christmas Angels, Loyd C. Taylor