Syed Ahmed Shah
Memories Between Two Mirrors
'No pain is permanent, only their memory is....' (Song of Mon Fokeer)
When I was young and uneasy
I used to play this irritating game...
I used put my face between two mirrors
And tried to count the images
Till my eyes ached and
I could not hold the mirrors steady anymore...
It was a plain stupid experiment
As I learnt from my physics teacher years later...
'One cannot count infinity, you dummy! '
Now I am trying to remember
My memories of you
Placed between two mirrors....
© Syed Ahmed Shah, Bokultol, Guwahati.
Syed Ahmed Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Memories Between Two Mirrors by Syed Ahmed Shah )
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
- Butterfly of joy, Aftab Alam
- Chords Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Lips, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ten pm is..., Mandolyn ...
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava.., Gert Strydom
- Obstacles, gajanan mishra
- When Autumn Comes Again, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns