Memories Scattered in an open mind,
of those loved ones left far behind.
Those who love and cared so much,
for a simple loving touch.
thoughts arise of past and present,
when beauty, love, and life was pleasent.
Of times spent in warm embrase,
where hate and anger hand no place.
Memories scattered in an open mind,
memories of life in a better time.
when heart and soul were tied as one,
when emotions stirred in everyone
thoughts arise of memories scattered,
memories lost and memories battered.
of beauty, love and friends in past,
i will make these scattered memories last.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Memories Scattered by Rik Bertrand )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- This world is yours, gajanan mishra
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa