Maddie 'Rae' Berry
Saw you there across from the hall,
I couldn't take my eyes off you.
Usually I’m shy, pathetic you name it all
yet seeing you made me feel incredibly high
I know this feeling will not die.
You've made me into a divine butterfly in the making,
metamorphosing to be part of your beautiful world full of secrets untold.
I know that I am sold as to
when your eyes meet mine, I get the feeling that if have broken,
broken from my secure cocoon and into the warmth of your intensive eyes.
This love is not based on lies; I can see it in your eyes,
you've made me metamorphose.
Maddie 'Rae' Berry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Metamorphose by Maddie 'Rae' Berry )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver
- Ars Poetica (cocoons), Dana Levin
- A Self-defeating Victory, Rajesh Thankappan
- One With The Infinite God, Saiom Shriver
- I See The Ground, Naveed Akram
- Tears And Smiles..., Khairul Ahsan
- Prefix: Finding The Measure, Robert Kelly
- EbOnY fL0wEr$ - Scene From Ivory Towers, sEaN nOrTh