Pamuditha Zen Anjana
Within myself, I feel something stirring...
I feel the presence of some anonymity,
the work of some unknown force,
In comparison, I feel I'm still, and still...
like the calm sea before a storm,
like the silenced forest before a predator,
Deep inside, upon my inner eye, flashes...
the darkest and the yet to be discovered,
the hidden and the deepest depths,
In Retrospect, I get a feeling, like...
I'm missing the most important keynotes,
I'm letting all these facts pass me by easily,
They say, I worry too much, yet...
I know, the waiting is far better than rushing,
holding my ground is better than falling back,
In circumspection, I know, whether...
time will run towards the day of final judgement,
the earthlings'll see the sun on the newest day,
That way, I find it easy, to follow...
the self-righteous ways of the absorbed truth,
the self-imposed rules of the disclosed mind,
Thus, One day, in the future, not very far...
In conception, I'll look straight at you, and shout...
I've seen the depths of the most unforeseen of all,
and I've found the best way to end this enchantment,
Pamuditha Zen Anjana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Metamorphosis by Pamuditha Zen Anjana )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- How Oswald Dined with God, Edwin Markham
- mashumiyet, anikesh wats
- Whatever you want to do, gajanan mishra
- Make in you, gajanan mishra
- In My Daydream, Margaret Alice Second
- UNTOLD JOURNEY, Satish Verma
- Ride the lion, gajanan mishra
- Flame, Nassy Fesharaki
- Travels On An Ox-Chart, Margaret Alice Second
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd