Pamuditha Zen Anjana
Within myself, I feel something stirring...
I feel the presence of some anonymity,
the work of some unknown force,
In comparison, I feel I'm still, and still...
like the calm sea before a storm,
like the silenced forest before a predator,
Deep inside, upon my inner eye, flashes...
the darkest and the yet to be discovered,
the hidden and the deepest depths,
In Retrospect, I get a feeling, like...
I'm missing the most important keynotes,
I'm letting all these facts pass me by easily,
They say, I worry too much, yet...
I know, the waiting is far better than rushing,
holding my ground is better than falling back,
In circumspection, I know, whether...
time will run towards the day of final judgement,
the earthlings'll see the sun on the newest day,
That way, I find it easy, to follow...
the self-righteous ways of the absorbed truth,
the self-imposed rules of the disclosed mind,
Thus, One day, in the future, not very far...
In conception, I'll look straight at you, and shout...
I've seen the depths of the most unforeseen of all,
and I've found the best way to end this enchantment,
Pamuditha Zen Anjana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Metamorphosis by Pamuditha Zen Anjana )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- If We Were Good......., Sandra Feldman
- Consolation, Tony Adah
- Goodnight Kiss, Michael P. McParland
- Marshes Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave