Middle East Confusions
Lebnon did bleed for ages,
So did Palestine and Israle.
Arab Spring inspired Egypt
And Lybia to hatch red dreams
On the streets and sandy caves,
Where families lost sole souls.
Syria suffocated by forces alien,
Or children within?
Iran, Iraq and Kuwait all have
Still their marks ON their faces,
Where furrows are full with
Hollow skulls and broken ribs.
Behold! Darkness does engulf
This planet from all directions,
Even the Sun and Moon left her
To merciless manipulators.
Tajudeen Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Middle East Confusions by Tajudeen Shah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)