His call woke me,
Although it seemed like an extension
Of the erotic dream of him
Still filling my head.
He apologized, for waking me,
Forgot it's two hours later here,
He says, he just wanted to hear my voice.
I snuggle down under the warm blankets
And let my mind drift back
To the last time his hands touched me
I tell him I wish he were here,
Touching me now.
My mind is on rewind, reliving kisses
And carnal pleasures we shared.
I want to climb through the phone
And into his arms, into his bed.
I tell him this, hear his whispered words
In my ear, telling me the things
He would do, if I were with him now.
The conversation now turns
As words become incoherrent and we
Are both lost in each others pleasure.
Coming down, I am back in my own bed,
Listening to him breath through the phone.
I wrap myself deeper in the warmth
Of my blankets, wishing it were his body
Wrapped around me, instead,
And whisper Good night.
Sandra Brennan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Midnight Call by Sandra Brennan )
- Simply Marvelous, Electric Lady
- Winter in Tennessee, Frank Avon
- Oh, I Can Fly, Francie Lynch
- The drowned emigrants المهاجرون الغرقى, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Clean and sanitized., Ryan Brodesser
- Final Devotion, Saiom Shriver
- Goggles and Goggle-Box, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Promises, Madrason writer
- A Daily Paradox; A Lost Masterpiece, Patrick van der Loos
- A Dewy Pearl, Elia Michael
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Merry-Go-Round, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Kazi Nazrul Islam
(24 May 1899 - 29 August 1976)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)