Mark R Slaughter
Sun so hot, our desserts sear, give struggling life so much to bear.
Sun so bright, you clear our skies for us to see with sparkling eyes.
Sun of violence: in great warfare you lash afar with solar flare.
Sun so kind, you keep us warm, and dry us aft of squally storm.
Sun of power, driving flora – food of life for grateful fauna.
Sun of beauty: paint our morn to mesmerise with blushing dawn.
Sun mystique: electrify our lofty sky for Northern Lights to beautify.
Sun of calm: give hazy days to doze in shade of lazy rays.
O Sun, you mighty Sun! fire your furnace just for me –
Those flames of giants must always be!
And awesome though you truly are,
I pray, remain our blessed star!
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2009
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mighty Sun by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Kurbatka, skender iljaz braka
- Love Restrained, Sangnam Nam
- Kur thyhej vjeshta, skender iljaz braka
- Kur theva nje enderr, skender iljaz braka
- Kur tee kujtova ty, skender iljaz braka
- Unconditional Love, alexander thor cirera
- Kur te kthehesh nje dite, skender iljaz braka
- Kur te kendoja serenata, skender iljaz braka
- Kur me the te dua, skender iljaz braka
- Can anyone tell?, Somanathan Iyer