Robert Edgar Burns
Far away I am from you.
This always leaves me, feeling blue.
Many miles between us lay,
I hunger for you on each new day!
My heart stays with you
Right where you are!
It’s just my body
Leaving in our car.
Each day love grows
Much more for you.
How proud I am
You love me too!
Someday I hope
To close this gap.
What lies between us
Is a horrible trap!
It snatched and clamped
And pulled so hard,
But it made much stronger
Our tender hearts.
Miles of separation
Can’t lessen love,
If it was sent
Down from above!
Robert Edgar Burns's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Miles Apart by Robert Edgar Burns )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
Poem of the Day
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Mulugkhw..., Swrji Basumatary
- Being Entertained By Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak