The deathly cry comes loud
The man is broken
On his knees
Eyes clenched tight
But tears still escape...
Then the volcano erupts
'God please help'!
'I'm wicked'! . 'I'm lost'! . 'I'm sorry'! .
His eyes open again
His heart now marshmellowed
Still on his knees
Humbled yet strong
Faith floods in: hope buds out
Change in focus from self to God
Life engraved into the heart and mind
Exchanged heart, exchanged life.
PS. One definition for the Greek word for 'teacher' is 'mind engraver'.
'I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people'. (Hebrews 8: 10 NKJV)
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mind Engraver by Peter Hall )
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico
- Do not ask, hasmukh amathalal
- My View of Heaven, Von Kimball Barney
- Forlorn Child., Marcondes Pereira
- I AM WOMAN, bill costley
- Experiment life, gajanan mishra
- Socialism - Vs - Anti -socialism, ramesh rai