Mind is a garden: Take care of it!
The day I evolved...
Was the day i learned...
That being a leader...
Was well deserved.
For all the individuals that put me down
Planted seeds of hate into the ground.....
That almost had grown into solidity
On the platform of my mind...
That carried the soil of hurt..
That accompanied well with misery
The ingredients that creates sadness.
I was once told when as a child,
That innocence was golden and mild.
I took that to heart and ran with it.
Not knowing waiting for me was a dead end.
As time went on...
I started to feel green,
Like a healthy beautiful flower,
So I plucked out all of the weeds.
I planted a seed of my own,
with special ingredients:
Serenity, healthy self-esteem, -and respect of the utmost,
And plucked the weeds of paralyzed growth
Growing, Growing, Grown-
into this great phenomenal rose!
Brandi Cuff's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind is a garden: Take care of it! by Brandi Cuff )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Poem for a Daughter, Anne Stevenson
- Nivedhitha is a nice girl!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- COPLA 90 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- My crude attempt to assess her love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Making Poetry, Anne Stevenson
- Power of money, Somanathan Iyer
- To My Daughter in a Red Coat, Anne Stevenson
- Perplexed, Somanathan Iyer
- The Spirit Is Too Blunt an Instrument, Anne Stevenson
- The Miracle of the Bees and the Foxgloves, Anne Stevenson