Mind Meanderings: Part I
Known as a devilish child,
With a devilish grin;
The argument follows mild:
Aren't we born through
the holiest of sins?
It is often said Lucifer-
Bearer of Light, God's prized angel-
Is also known as the Accuser.
Under this particular epithet
He tempted Man to exploit and test
the devotion of Man through
And the Lord was not slighted a single inch.
For Job was committed and devout.
Contrary to the breaching of Eve.
But who could not hold compassion for the first woman?
Was she and Adam not just as susceptible as we?
But among those that exploit the
trappings and follies of Man,
and those that judge incompetently and accuse
with fingers and condemnations,
Are they any different than the old Snake?
Persecutors hang the unfortunate,
But mean to hang the action;
They mean to be the final authority over
the vast complexities of human affairs and nature:
Are we the only animal tangled in the delusive righteousness
of our Mind?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind Meanderings: Part I by Rafael Cazares )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The March Of Mortality, Edgar Albert Guest
- At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Fishing Nooks, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Day Of Days, Edgar Albert Guest
- Manhood's Greeting, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Few, Edgar Albert Guest
- Improvement, Edgar Albert Guest
- Songs Of Rejoicing, Edgar Albert Guest
- Hollyhocks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ruik de rijkdom, Madrason writer