Mind Meanderings: Part I
Known as a devilish child,
With a devilish grin;
The argument follows mild:
Aren't we born through
the holiest of sins?
It is often said Lucifer-
Bearer of Light, God's prized angel-
Is also known as the Accuser.
Under this particular epithet
He tempted Man to exploit and test
the devotion of Man through
And the Lord was not slighted a single inch.
For Job was committed and devout.
Contrary to the breaching of Eve.
But who could not hold compassion for the first woman?
Was she and Adam not just as susceptible as we?
But among those that exploit the
trappings and follies of Man,
and those that judge incompetently and accuse
with fingers and condemnations,
Are they any different than the old Snake?
Persecutors hang the unfortunate,
But mean to hang the action;
They mean to be the final authority over
the vast complexities of human affairs and nature:
Are we the only animal tangled in the delusive righteousness
of our Mind?
Rafael Cazares's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind Meanderings: Part I by Rafael Cazares )
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- 신세계 대전오피 010↔5959↔1049 대전서구오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- The Empty Room, Maria Magdalena Biela
- Dream liner, Stephen Brian Brady
- peeping Tom, lee fones
- pension scheme, lee fones
- meri sohbat me........., sanjay kumar maurya
- Let me know, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)