Mind Meanderings: Part I
Known as a devilish child,
With a devilish grin;
The argument follows mild:
Aren't we born through
the holiest of sins?
It is often said Lucifer-
Bearer of Light, God's prized angel-
Is also known as the Accuser.
Under this particular epithet
He tempted Man to exploit and test
the devotion of Man through
And the Lord was not slighted a single inch.
For Job was committed and devout.
Contrary to the breaching of Eve.
But who could not hold compassion for the first woman?
Was she and Adam not just as susceptible as we?
But among those that exploit the
trappings and follies of Man,
and those that judge incompetently and accuse
with fingers and condemnations,
Are they any different than the old Snake?
Persecutors hang the unfortunate,
But mean to hang the action;
They mean to be the final authority over
the vast complexities of human affairs and nature:
Are we the only animal tangled in the delusive righteousness
of our Mind?
Rafael Cazares's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind Meanderings: Part I by Rafael Cazares )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI