A concert in my mind today,
Each thought an instrument divine;
My heart strings pull as if to play,
the music that is only mine.
My soul begins a poignant song,
That lilts and lingers in the air;
My lips begins to sing along,
Each trembling note a fervent prayer.
The melody is mystical,
It pours and flows from deep within;
Each staccato, almost fickle,
It ends to only just begin.
And when I know it’s time to meet,
My heart then stops...and skips a beat!
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind Music by Roann Mendriq )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Why Are You So Sad, Bulat Okudzhava
- Rivals, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- ODE TO COLONEL GADDAFI, alexander opicho
- Catapult, Naveed Khalid
- Canadian geese to base, lee fones
- Let Us Enjoy The Tiny Moments Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Meanderings, Naveed Khalid
- The Love To Motherland, Bulat Okudzhava
- Pastimes Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Think tank, gajanan mishra