Shayma Ahmadi Shahsavaran
Look at the blue sky.
All the white clouds are the pieces of my skirt which wind took one bitter day.
Confess the beauty of the sky.
Confess to you self in front of the mirrors.
Just like that lady in front of the mirrors.
Sylvia 's mirrors. Perhaps I am Sylvia. A gray lady …
I found out the secret and the truth behind her mirror.
You can't tell yourself a lie. You must say that the sky is beautiful.
Must is always a must.
Whenever you look at the sky, you remember me.
Remind your self... There was a lady …
A lady who wants to be a bird, but never could.
Just like Sylvia, and all the mirrors.
To the lady of the mirrors
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mirror by Shayma Ahmadi Shahsavaran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz
- Know the Depth of the Forest~~~, Monk E. Biz
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz