Shayma Ahmadi Shahsavaran
Look at the blue sky.
All the white clouds are the pieces of my skirt which wind took one bitter day.
Confess the beauty of the sky.
Confess to you self in front of the mirrors.
Just like that lady in front of the mirrors.
Sylvia 's mirrors. Perhaps I am Sylvia. A gray lady …
I found out the secret and the truth behind her mirror.
You can't tell yourself a lie. You must say that the sky is beautiful.
Must is always a must.
Whenever you look at the sky, you remember me.
Remind your self... There was a lady …
A lady who wants to be a bird, but never could.
Just like Sylvia, and all the mirrors.
To the lady of the mirrors
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mirror by Shayma Ahmadi Shahsavaran )
- SONS WHO SILENTLY CHANGE HISTORY, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- FRAGRANCE, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- lost to me, Edan Oliver
- An Open - Ended Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JANE SAYS., Terry Collett
- Awakened, Edan Oliver
- if it were up to me, Edan Oliver
- Opening Blossoms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- numb, Edan Oliver
- love and goodbye, Edan Oliver
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- About motherland by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)