When growth of doubt graces swiftly the timescape,
In the mirror flash faces mocking and folks laughing.
Confidence shrunk and seer like raisins in the mighty sun,
Spirit fizzles like pearl-dew-drops in the vast golden ocean of sands.
i count in the mirror how many curls and grey my hair holds,
I pinch and hold my nose aquiline,
I press my cheeks thin and firm,
I bite my lips inside and teeth clenched...
curse my difference to the world!
Reflection teary, weary, shaky, fading...
Oh, poor sanctuary of this soul!
And, enough for my opening salvo!
now, let the rock requiem wail and sound
Like a million crowd I shall sing
Like the tempest I shall dance
to the heavy beat and choric danger,
I'll shatter the mirror, shake the earth!
and with my very scream, shall silence these sinister voices between my ears
now and for all eternity!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mirror Breaking by Cristone Benavente )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice