Gemma O' Hanlon
Mirror mirror on the wall,
How many more times do I have to fall?
Why do I stare at myself, a mixture of hate and dread,
Just explain to me why nothing, is ever right in my head.
Mirror mirror shiney glass,
How much longer till this feeling will pass?
How much longer till I can become free,
When will I find that person locked away inside me?
Mirror mirror lie to me,
Show me what I want to see,
A perfect body, no scars in sight,
No red rimmed eyes from crying at night.
Mirror mirror on the floor,
What do I do if I can't take anymore?
What if the pills don't do what they should?
Will I be impriosioned, locked away for good?
Mirror mirror in my hand,
Show me a far off distant land,
Show me a place where dreams come true,
Where no one ever intentionally hurts you,
Mirror mirror in shattered bits,
How did it all come to this?
You're no use to me anymore,
A thousand pieces scattered across the floor.
Mirror mirror in my palm,
I found a use, I'll drag you across my arm,
Because now I've become to see,
That you, my mirror, are really my worst enemy....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mirror Mirror by Gemma O' Hanlon )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere