missed, the sleepers
coherency gleaned from light and glitter,
shaped by mothers hand.
school imbued with a'pproved knowledge:
our fathers land.
a truth: awareness, gazing out
turned on its unself,
now reduced to mundane span,
as bound mind, as bound hand,
surveys the dirt,
missed the land.
Christopher Withers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (missed, the sleepers by Christopher Withers )
- Hamstead, Naveed Khalid
- The Little Prince, Naveed Khalid
- The Scribe, Suzy Kassem
- I Too, Sing Poetry., Abekah Emmanuel
- Guide, Don't Misguide Me, Aftab Alam
- The Three Laws of All, Suzy Kassem
- The Elephant, Somanathan Iyer
- Sea of Life, Suzy Kassem
- A TEACHER-A STUDENT RELATIONSHIP ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Part Sun and Moon, Suzy Kassem