missed, the sleepers
coherency gleaned from light and glitter,
shaped by mothers hand.
school imbued with a'pproved knowledge:
our fathers land.
a truth: awareness, gazing out
turned on its unself,
now reduced to mundane span,
as bound mind, as bound hand,
surveys the dirt,
missed the land.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (missed, the sleepers by Christopher Withers )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote