The need for understanding
The fear of over demanding
Why the unworthy standing?
Will love remain standing?
Will he respect?
Will he believe?
Will he have faith in me to succeed?
Will he raise hand in fist, or out to help stand?
Will he resist my need to assist?
Will he put forth an effort in my growth?
Will he have money to provide and thrive?
Will he be honest in every day life?
Will he love, cherish and hold me, in hot and cold?
Will he treat loved ones as one of his own?
Will he revert to his father’s ways?
Will he be faithful no matter what we go through?
Will he understand the past I have been through?
Will he see and believe in my dreams and esteems?
Will he enjoy the hobbies I love?
Will he respect the people and things I hold close to my heart?
Will he adore, look forward to and explore the love I hold tight?
Will he know when to take a stand and where to turn over the other hand?
Will he honor his promises, vows and covenants?
Will he be an example, ensample and forefather of lessons grand and infinitesimal?
Will he know when to speak and to hold?
Will he see when I need a minute or three?
Will he be the comfort, blanket, and warmth I occasionally seek?
Will he stand up and stay steadfast in his beliefs?
Will he give when I need?
Will he take what I give?
Will he, will he, will he...
Be everything I need and want him to be?
Jeff Rushton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missing by Jeff Rushton )
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1908 - 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Abou Ben Adhem, James Henry Leigh Hunt
Poem of the Day
- Thankful For You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Ten Dozen Red Roses, Michael P. McParland
- Eyes of Genesis, Merton Lee
- Haiku Concert At Day Break, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Sending All My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Saved, Michael P. McParland
- What Does It Matter, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Villanelle: Wander not into a land where.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- He Has Always Been Inside Us, Merton Lee
- Rock Hard Passion, Michael P. McParland