I felt so alone.
As the moon shone.
I yearned for your voice,
As the world rejoiced.
I longed for your touch,
The memory so much.
I searched for your eyes,
Hidden like spies.
I wanted my voice to be heard by your ears,
To help us wipe away our tears.
To help me face my fears,
Which we’ve shared for years.
Soon you’ll be with me again,
In sunshine or rain.
We’ll relive our old loves,
And make peace as doves.
Motivating one another we’ll play life’s games,
Sparking off adjectives and remembering names.
I’ll do my best so as we both win,
All’s fair in caring - it’s not a sin.
So I look forward again to our meeting,
We’ll fill our day with fun after greeting.
And if you’ve had enough after “snap“,
You just have a well earned nap!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missing You by Charles McMullen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto