Carolyn Ford Witt
-- * A MISTY MORNING * --
It is a misty morning
As I walk along the trail.
The fog..hanging softly
Like unto a misty vail.
Silence walks the parkway
As I tread so softly there,
Enveloped in Your gentleness
My heart....it has no fear.
The trees....Their faces craggy,
Stand solemnly...at large
Standing at attention
Before their mighty charge.
The stream so softly gurgling
As it rushes down the way,
Swiftly flowing water...
Going to another day.
My mind is held in awe
As now I hear you say,
'My child, I'll always love you,
Just let, now, come what may'.
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt
By Ms. Caroline
© 2006 Ms. Caroline (All rights rese
Carolyn Ford Witt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MISTY MORNING by Carolyn Ford Witt )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Ono no Komachi
(c. 825—c. 900))
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Sky, Christopher Fulbirg
- This Night That Knows No Sleep, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Lasting Memory, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Writers polar emotions, Christopher Fulbirg
- Lighthouse, Christopher Fulbirg
- Giving Life A Break, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Stars, Christopher Fulbirg
- Creation, Christopher Fulbirg
- Morning, Christopher Fulbirg
- Using Particles Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak