nimal dunuhinga (19, April,1951 / kalubovila East, Sri Lanka)
I write your name
On this small envelope
But I don't know your address.
Anyway, I dropp this letter
Into the nearby isolated Postbox
And hope that reach you one day.
The cruel invisible hands
Plucked my untimely Rose bud again.
The breasts full of milk and overflows
It's really painful and I search an infant on the street.
I pour my tears and the altar burns
Rescued Goddess whispers; ' What can I do for you? '
'Where is my abducted precious child? '
The silence approves her deriliction!
*Mithuri means the female friend in our Mother tongue.
To our darling daughter Tharindu, whenever the sorrow hugs you just think of your poor Mom & Dad.We're the two butterflies in your garden of heart at the daytime and around the window of hope in the darkness you see two fireflies! You're not lonely at all!
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
- * I was born by the River
- *Malani Senehelatha Fonseka
- *Moon rapes his sister Sun
- A Barber writes
- A beautiful widow's upstage
- A beggar maid sings in an awful night!
- A Beggar Maid's Breakdown In The Life Cy...
- A Beggar Never Complains?
- A bird flies beyond the sky
- A Bird Has No Wings In The Storm
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.