I write your name
On this small envelope
But I don't know your address.
Anyway, I dropp this letter
Into the nearby isolated Postbox
And hope that reach you one day.
The cruel invisible hands
Plucked my untimely Rose bud again.
The breasts full of milk and overflows
It's really painful and I search an infant on the street.
I pour my tears and the altar burns
Rescued Goddess whispers; ' What can I do for you? '
'Where is my abducted precious child? '
The silence approves her deriliction!
*Mithuri means the female friend in our Mother tongue.
To our darling daughter Tharindu, whenever the sorrow hugs you just think of your poor Mom & Dad.We're the two butterflies in your garden of heart at the daytime and around the window of hope in the darkness you see two fireflies! You're not lonely at all!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*Mithuri by nimal dunuhinga )
(30 June 1911 – 14 August 2004)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Question, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Teach them to love, Lubinda Lubinda
- Beyond The Ordinary, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the comical dilemma with commas, Bull Hawking
- Hitler: A Life Immersed in Hypocrisy, Paul Hartal
- Creative Interests, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Villanelle: No curse worse than the plac.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sense Of Fulfillment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- here workin' for hugs on Christmas eve, Bull Hawking