The former green beret
talked books and self publishing
talked about a gold star father.
I offered support.
Never had I intended
to lose a morning listening.
God sends us strangers.
Was this man an angel
with the disability
of an arcade?
Was I listening
for God's whisper?
How hard it is
to stop for strangers
with a heart focused
on a thousand other things.
Bill Grace's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Modern Samaritan by Bill Grace )
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland