I have a couple questions and concerns
When will they learn?
Ignorance is like a germ
Blind to the facts
A race defined by the gat
Confined to beaten battered shacks
Combined with crack
They're stamped and labeled as a problem
So much critique
Still no one seeks to try and stop it!
The people who have
Concentrate on getting more
And won't even acknowledge the people starving at the door!
They proceed to ignore the poor and what they're screaming for
Not to lend out a hand
Or try to help a hungry man
What I don't understand
Where does the nation's money go?
I was told it's for war
Is that the reason why we're broke?
It doesn't make sense
With people starving in the bricks
We spend money to fight wars that really don't exist
Fighting for peace?
I don't think we'll ever win
With no resolution
It's the beginning of the end
To end my proposal
I ask that people see the truth
My question to you
What are they leaving for the youth?
Dexsta Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Modest Proposal by Dexsta Ray )
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis