Who knew what began as only a cold would be the beginning of a life threatening journey; one that would devastate us all? If we had only a hint of the horror to come, we would've been on our knees, by your side and praying days before. Because we are not gifted with this insight, we are all together, yet each feeling as alone at the same time. Unable to fathom the possibility of losing our truly beloved mother, sister, wife, daughter, grandmother and most of all, our best friend. What would we do if the great Lord above decided that He has waited long enough to have you by His side? Someone as wonderful as you doesn't seem to stretch far enough to satisfy us all. I can only pray, selfishly begging our Lord to share you with us a while longer. I cannot say that you haven; t given me enough. I know you have prepared me to be a great person, just like the most perfect mother would. But the love that has grown inside me for you is burning like a wildfire. A fire that was created by the warmth of your love. Without you near, without that warmth, my tears are so many, this fire is no match for my sorrow. How will it survive without you? How will I? How will we? Please don't go!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mom by Stephanie Stephens )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- *XII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Simply Spoken School Of Life, Heather Burns
- Simply Spoken Obtaining, Heather Burns
- WILD FLOWERS IN THE PATOS ORCHARD, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Simply Spoken Foundation, Heather Burns
- yup, you know i love you, Mandolyn ...
- Time Machine, Tammy Ashton
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL الب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aemulus, Arik Fletcher
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote