karen sinclair (brighton)
Mona Lisa.... x
With a delicate twist of the lips
A softening grasp of the gut
How her eyes drift to horizons
Swirling roads of thought
Entwined wrap around disposable trees
Which hide truths and lies between
A bookish stand
Over delicate hands
Time and time again
By an entourage of ghostly forms
Stand and soak
Barely realising the humour
As all other observers
Lovely Mona Lisa
The victim of time
Trapped in wood
Holder of the secrets
When time is past and mine life is left
You shall still gaze out
With barely a smile
Poet Other Poems
- 70s Kids
- A Mothers Decline.....
- A Pagans Kiss.... Adult Nature
- A Sketchy Process.....Freeing up the spi...
- A Very Angry Fisherman
- A Word.........Moored
- Abortion...... sensitive nature....Butch...
- Absynth Sea.... Warning Not Religious
- Alien Abduction
- Autumns Tease....
- B&Q. The DIY Store.... Toilet Humour.
- Back in the Daze....Chase
- Ballet Shoes and Old Oak Floors
- Bansky Living Artist
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.