Edward Kofi Louis
Many waters and many tears,
Of many hopes and dreams;
A prophet is not loved by his own people.
Many tears and many fears,
Of many hopes lost in the drain like rain;
But i am still in the rain with my brain.
The train waits for me and,
The moon is sleeping in my arms;
But the door of hell also stands beside me.
In my flesh and with my spirit,
In my min d of many hopes and with the flames of fire;
I have no honey or money to buy a pony or a monkey,
And my backyard is burning.
The sun is shining in its strength like the smoke of insence,
Sweet like honey but without money on this issue;
And like a great voice behind to seek for the beginning and the end.
A golden seal and a golden lamp,
With a great force ahead of me when i have no money;
But i am clothed with a garment of hope to lead me on to find you.
You are like the raging waves of the sea;
But i am now learning the muse of time to get to you.
The tide of my hope is to succeeed and,
To the 7th congregation;
But o know the truth about life matters than war.
To those things that i have written,
An open door is needed on this love;
But the words of my patience will lead me to meet oh money.
Of the things that i have experienced,
Neither cold nor hot to swing my muse towards money;
And like a lukewarm attitude,
It is either cold nor hot when the issue of money is involved.
Seven stars in my right arm,
Like every sailor's boat with money;
But i have to write a new song before the thrown of my lover.
I am standing on the sea of glass with care;
But seven out of a house is what i need on this money.
Poverty and tribulation,
Many had fallen for the lack of money;
But i will take this rod of iron to lead my way through.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Money by Edward Kofi Louis )
- PH: Humor: Women6Verses9Men - Who's On T.., Brian Johnston
- forgetting he-huckleberry, I ring-around.., Harindhar Reddy
- Ninja Nejla, Muzaffer Akin
- Design of Life, Rohit Sapra
- My Dear, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Daisies, Eugene Levich
- A Description Of Mercy, Giles Fletcher The Younger
- Until You Came Along, Shakeela Kingzley
- If you forget, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hear me, hear me,, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)