More Than Myself
Not that it was beautiful,
but that, in the end, there was
a certain sense of order there;
something worth learning
in that narrow diary of my mind,
in the commonplaces of the asylum
where the cracked mirror
or my own selfish death
outstared me . . .
I tapped my own head;
it was glass, an inverted bowl.
It's small thing
to rage inside your own bowl.
At first it was private.
Then it was more than myself.
Anne Sexton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (More Than Myself by Anne Sexton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 5, Oh Clock!, Sandra Feldman
- My Love, engeli montalla
- two punk rockers, lee fones
- That Terrible Motel Room, Jose Armando Guzman
- Green and Grey, Jose Armando Guzman
- HAD WE......................, WE WOULD H.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Purple Blossom, Ruth Walters
- The Woman, mark wilkinson
- Eating the Human Flesh, Genevieve Pilat
- Wonders of Being Pretty, Genevieve Pilat