Carolyn Ford Witt
If you looked upon the map for it,
You wouldn't give another thought;
For it's just a little crossroads town
That hard work, there, has wrought.
Where farmers used to come to town
For feed and goods and wares,
Just a little quiet town
Where we hid away our cares.
This town that I was raised in
Just spanned a mile each way
And I was very truly blessed
To live there everyday.
I knew everyone who lived there
Within five mile, each way,
For when anyone would move in
They were always bound to stay.
Everyone would come to visit
The store that we owned there.
They'd come in just to look or buy
Some of our store's hardware.
I miss that little town of mine
Where younger days were spent,
And as I age, I wonder where
Those younger days have went.
But now, when I return there
And see how it has grown,
That simple quiet little town....
I always do bemoan.
Our memories always seem so fine
For flaws, they have none of;
And now I return to the memories....
Memories of a quiet home, I loved.
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt.
© 2006 Ms. Caroline (All rights reserved)
Carolyn Ford Witt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MORGANTOWN WHERE? by Carolyn Ford Witt )
- food walk, lee fones
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The technique of survival., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Gift Logic Can't Buy, Donal Mahoney
- Rain-A Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- My Hero, Electric Lady
- A Drive, Kai Wendland
- a heart full of love..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Poppy Flower, Zubair Ali
- Remembrance., RAJ VIKRAM
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)