Carolyn Ford Witt
If you looked upon the map for it,
You wouldn't give another thought;
For it's just a little crossroads town
That hard work, there, has wrought.
Where farmers used to come to town
For feed and goods and wares,
Just a little quiet town
Where we hid away our cares.
This town that I was raised in
Just spanned a mile each way
And I was very truly blessed
To live there everyday.
I knew everyone who lived there
Within five mile, each way,
For when anyone would move in
They were always bound to stay.
Everyone would come to visit
The store that we owned there.
They'd come in just to look or buy
Some of our store's hardware.
I miss that little town of mine
Where younger days were spent,
And as I age, I wonder where
Those younger days have went.
But now, when I return there
And see how it has grown,
That simple quiet little town....
I always do bemoan.
Our memories always seem so fine
For flaws, they have none of;
And now I return to the memories....
Memories of a quiet home, I loved.
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt.
© 2006 Ms. Caroline (All rights reserved)
Carolyn Ford Witt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MORGANTOWN WHERE? by Carolyn Ford Witt )
- The girl of great beauty was not to be f.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
- Scavenger, Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- you and that love thing..., Mandolyn ...
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns