Most Beautiful Woman In The World
She is the most beautiful woman in the world.
Yet! She doesn’t have fancy clothes, or makeup.
She doesn’t even have a first name, nor does she speak.
But people come from all over the world just to see
Our beautiful MISS LIBERTY.
She sits in our harbor and greets all human race
From the air, land, or from the sea
She has become a part of me.
She fills every heart with a warm glow
And day to day she puts on a show.
She stands on a mound with her arm held high
Holding freedoms torch to the sky.
Her robe is the robe of justice
And she wears it quite well
Look at her closely and you can tell.
Freedom is not really free - for you may
Have to fight for liberty
Just open your eyes and look around
Communist nations have fallen to the ground
Arab countries are fighting for their rights
And it is a long and perilous flight
But freedoms bell will forever ring
it is the one and only lasting thing.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Most Beautiful Woman In The World by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)